[Tutor] syntax error that i cant spot!

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Sun Jan 2 10:34:15 CET 2011

"Noah Hall" <enalicho at gmail.com> wrote

> It's part of the Python naming conventions laid out by PEP 8. Have a
> read
> here - http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0008/.

I'm quite familiar with PEP8 - although I disagree with quite a lot of
it too!
But PEP 8 is about consistency of style not "readability" which was
what
was claimed about CamelCase. I'm not aware of any studies which
show CamelCase as being significantly less readable than
underline_seperators.

And even PEP8 encourages the use of CamelCase for classes or where
it is already being used. Where it refers to readability in the use of
underscores its referring to using the underscores to add readability
ie bank_account rather than bankaccount, not in contrast to
BankAccount.

--
Alan Gauld
Author of the Learn to Program web site