[Tutor] Cross-Module Interaction

Corey Richardson kb1pkl at aim.com
Sat Feb 26 12:10:46 CET 2011

On 02/26/2011 06:05 AM, Walter Prins wrote:
> I'd be tempted to say you should not be worrying about such performance
> issues at this stage.

Indeed, but I can't have every piece of variable information being saved
to disk and then read back again every time a player leaves or enters a
room, that'd just be silly!

Playing MUD's for a bit it gets annoying on a medium-size server when
you have to wait more than 3 seconds just to get how much health you
have after attacking some baddie. I won't be trying to pull every
microsecond of efficiency out of this, but I would like it to be
sensible and now waste time dawdling.

(And the full quote is "We should forget about *small* efficiencies, say
about 97% of the time: premature optimization is the root of all evil."
(emphasis added))

--
Corey Richardson