[Tutor] Running Existing Python

Dave Angel davea at ieee.org
Sat Feb 26 11:49:08 CET 2011

On 01/-10/-28163 02:59 PM, Justin Bonnell wrote:
> Okay. When I try to run the script from the terminal, it still doesn't work. Here is a screenshot.
>

> What am I doing wrong?

1) You're top-posting.  Put your responses after the quote you're
responding to.

2) You're trying to include graphical images in a text-based newsgroup.
  Just use copy/paste, and include it in your message.

3) You don't tell us where the hello.py file actually is.  Presumably
it's not in the current directory when you run that.  Two cures for
that:  either specify its real location,
      python   ~/mysources/hello.py

or cd to the proper directory.  The latter is usually easier, but it
depends where other files your script are located.

DaveA