[Tutor] having difficulty installing python

Neven Dragojlovic eyeye689 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 16:56:44 CET 2011

Please can someone help me? I am trying to install python 2.5.4 on
MacBookPro running on OS10.6.6, but when I try to set it up on
Terminal by running "python setup.py install" I get the following:
IDLE Subprocess: Connection to IDLE GUI failed, exiting.
Tk_MacOSXSetupTkNotifier: first [load] of TkAqua has to occur in the
main thread!
with an extra pop-up saying it can not access port 8833. When I try to
install that port with "sudo port install `8833'" it again says it can
not find that port.
What is going on?
The trouble started when I installed X11 and fink 0.29.16, with all
those files coming in and I allowed them. What do I do now?

Thank you ahead of time,
Neven