[Tutor] Python + Sound

David Hutto smokefloat at gmail.com
Sat Feb 12 07:36:39 CET 2011

On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 1:32 AM, Corey Richardson <kb1pkl at aim.com> wrote:

>>> Do you mean just a wav file, and then send it to someone?
>>
>> You want to have a sound file, gzip it, and then gunzip it on the other end?
>
> I have any file, gzip it, turn it to a sound file, and then gunzip it on
> the other end. Using tones to specify bit patterns, I'll work that out
> after I get to the point where I can output sound.

And what are you outputting sound to. I can use a library, or just
subprocess and aplay from alsa on linux. This is just command line,
until I understand ctypes more. You can also record this way, but
pause would would require appending one to the other, which would
require something else.

But you could go commandline with subprocess or move and understand c
and ctypes.

--
According to theoretical physics, the division of spatial intervals as
the universe evolves gives rise to the fact that in another timeline,