[Tutor] help with script

nicktocco at comcast.net nicktocco at comcast.net
Wed Dec 28 02:31:57 CET 2011

hello, my name is nick. i got python for software design by Allen B. Downey as a gift for christmas. i am completely new to programming and i am having trouble figuring out how to do an exercise concerning script..
my problem
5
x=5
x+1
im ok when it comes to using python so far. but it has asked me to put the problem into a script and run it. my question is how do i put that problem into a script and then how do i run it in python. im learning by myself at home so im having trouble figuring this out on my own. my os is win 7 i have python 2.7
sorry about punctuation!