[Tutor] Which libraries for Python 2.5.2

Wayne Watson sierra_mtnview at sbcglobal.net
Mon Dec 26 20:56:19 CET 2011

Here's the traceback.

Python 2.5.2 (r252:60911, Feb 21 2008, 13:11:45) [MSC v.1310 32 bit
(Intel)] on win32

     Personal firewall software may warn about the connection IDLE
     makes to its subprocess using this computer's internal loopback
     interface.  This connection is not visible on any external
     interface and no data is sent to or received from the Internet.

IDLE 1.2.2      ==== No Subprocess ====

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "C:\Sentinel\Sent_user-20080716.py", line 16, in <module>
     from pylab import plot, xlabel, ylabel, title, show, xticks, bar
   File "C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\pylab.py", line 1, in <module>
     from matplotlib.pylab import *
   File "C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\matplotlib\pylab.py", line 206,
in <module>
     from matplotlib import mpl  # pulls in most modules
   File "C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\matplotlib\mpl.py", line 1, in
<module>
     from matplotlib import artist
   File "C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\matplotlib\artist.py", line 4, in
<module>
     from transforms import Bbox, IdentityTransform, TransformedBbox,
TransformedPath
   File "C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\matplotlib\transforms.py", line
34, in <module>
     from matplotlib._path import affine_transform

On 12/26/2011 11:44 AM, Wayne Watson wrote:
> Yes, that's a  reasonable request, and I expected it, but hoped it
> might be apparent from what I revealed.  Why? It's on another PC this
> happened, and getting the messages of it is not easily done, but today
> I have time, so soon I will post the details.
>
> On 12/24/2011 10:49 AM, Hugo Arts wrote:
>> On Sat, Dec 24, 2011 at 6:37 PM, Wayne Watson
>> <sierra_mtnview at sbcglobal.net>  wrote:
>>> I'm trying to restore Python 2.5.2 on an old PC for a particular
>>> application
>>> that uses it from 4-5 years ago.
>>> According to the latest manual on it, the following should be
>>> installed.
>>>
>>> python-2.5.2.msi
>>> PIL-1.1.6.win32-py2.5.exe
>>> numpy-1.1.0-win32-superpack-python2.5.exe
>>> matplotlib-0.98.1.win32-py2.5.exe
>>>
>>> When I install them, and try to run the app program, Sentinel.py,
>>> some part
>>> of matplotlib complains (error msgs) and the program quits.
>>>
>> If we are to give any kind of useful advice at all, we're going to
>> need to see those error messages.
>>
>>> The program begins with:
>>> from Tkinter import *
>>> from numpy import *
>>> import Image
>>> import ImageChops
>>> import ImageTk
>>> import time
>>> import binascii
>>> import tkMessageBox
>>> import tkSimpleDialog
>>> from pylab import plot, xlabel, ylabel, title, show, xticks, bar
>>>
>>> I tried numpy-1.2.0 and matplotlib-0.98.3 and had the same
>>> difficulty. What
>>> are wiser choices?
>>>
>> This question is based on the assumption that version mismatch is the
>> cause of your problems. Even though that might be correct, it is not
>> an assumption you can safely make. In general, when asking questions
>> here (and anywhere really, imho) you should try to provide as much
>> factual information and as little conjecture as you can.
>>
>> Hugo

                      CE 1955 October 20 07:53:32.6 UT
                     -- "The Date" The mystery unfolds.

                     Web Page:<www.speckledwithstars.net/>