[Tutor] (no subject)

Hugo Arts hugo.yoshi at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 01:30:56 CET 2011

On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 11:30 PM, shawn taylor <shtlor at yahoo.com> wrote:
> How do I do this
>

> Password Generator
> For this assignment, you will generate usernames and passwords for your
> school. The passwords have to be secure and based on information provided by
> the parents at registration.
> 1) Write a program that will prompt the user for
> FirstName LastName IDNumber BirthDay
> 2) generate the student’s username and password.
> 3) Test to see if the password and username works.
> RULES FOR GENERATING PASSWORD AND USERNAME
> The username is fairly straightforward it is composed of the student’s
> initials follow by the idnumber
> Username = <First letter of firstname> + <first letter of lastname> +
> <idnumber>
> The password is much more difficult.
> Step 1 – pick the middle letter of the student’s first name.
> Step 2 – pick the middle letter of the student’s last name.
> Step 3 – Add all the digits in the student’s birthday. Keep adding until you
> get a single digit.
> Step 4 – Add all the digits in the student’s idNumber. Keep adding until you
> get a single digit.
> Step 5 – Multiply the month * day * year and divide by 17.
> Step 6 – Multiply the first 2 digits of the idNumber by the last 3 digits of
> the idNumber / 7
> Step 7 – Multiply Step 5 by Step6
> Step 8 – Combine into a password
> Password = Concatenate (<Step1> + <step3> + <Step4>+<Step7 > + <Step2>)

This list is not here to do your homework. If you give it your best
shot and come back and show us some code, with some specific questions
of where you're having trouble there's a ton of people here who'd be
quite happy to help you. But just copy-pasting your assignment here
and adding the words "how do I do this" shows so little willingness to
put in even the tiniest amount of effort that frankly, I find it rude
and offensive.

Hugo