[Tutor] What style do you call Python programming?

Lie Ryan lie.1296 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 11 02:53:26 CET 2011

On 12/10/2011 03:52 AM, Sarma Tangirala wrote:

> Well, what I meant was the way you write things like list comprehension.
> I agree, that comment gave a completely incorrect picture. Sorry about that.

list comprehension originated from Haskell, which is a language with a
very strong functional paradigm. Functions/procedures comes from
procedural paradigm. for-loop, while-loop, and if-conditional comes from
structured programming. Classes comes from object-oriented programming.

Although I've said such, the terms are not actually that clear cut. Most
object-oriented languages also have a for-loop, while-loop, and
if-conditional of a structured programming. And not all object-oriented
languages have classes (e.g. javascript).