[Tutor] file fetcher class object through http

Artie Ziff artie.ziff at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 21:55:55 CEST 2011

Hello..

I like reading different people's implementations of python as it helps
me decide what is necessary vs what is not.

Essentially, I want to write a class that finds, and downloads a file
from a web server.

Of course I may add some file matching features through regex... and
other things that I need.

mostly, I am looking for a smart class implementation that has
well-considered API and method choices.

I tried to read through packages such as distutils and setuptools
however I believe I may need to read some code that is less "industrial
strength". lol!

maybe you know of one in an author's particular open source package?

pls point me to one you know about...

thank you.
az