[Tutor] Run a few Python commands from a temporary filesystem when the rootfs is halted

Steve Willoughby steve at alchemy.com
Sat Apr 23 01:59:18 CEST 2011

On 22-Apr-11 16:54, Frederick Grose wrote:
> With Bash, when one needs to halt the current root filesystem, to pivot
> to a new filesystem, one can copy some of the command files and their
> dependencies to a temporary file system and execute from that code base.

I'm not sure those words mean what you think they mean, or I'm missing
what you're trying to do here.  halting the root filesystem? pivot? code
base?

You're not trying to talk about jail/chroot, perhaps?

Steve Willoughby / steve at alchemy.com
"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for."
PGP Fingerprint 4615 3CCE 0F29 AE6C 8FF4 CA01 73FE 997A 765D 696C