[Tutor] Python trouble

Alex Butler ambutler at bowdoin.edu
Fri Apr 22 20:52:34 CEST 2011

Ok let me try to be more clear.  I am trying to write code in the IDLE
Python GUI of python 2.7.  When I open the new python shell, there is a
written header as well as the three >s on the left side.  I now those are
used as indents and I do not type them in.  However, whenever I write any
type of code and either attempt to run or click alt + x to check module, it
says "there is an error in your program: invalid syntax."  Then when it goes
back to the page to highlight the syntax error the second > is highlighted
in color as it is the problem.  Before I deleted the header from this
program, it would highlight the 7 after the 2. In the header.

Alex Butler