[Tutor] jenia. cannot install mysqldb

Raúl Cumplido raulcumplido at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 10:24:42 CEST 2011

Maybe that's a stupid question but, have you tried to connect directly to
your MySQL database without the django app?

I mean using a MySQL admin or something. Have you created the mysql.db
schema? The erros says clearly it doesn't knows the database your trying to
connect.

Is your root user ok? I mean credentials (no password??)

Raúl

On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 2:29 AM, ivlev jenia <jenia2009 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I finally was able to install mysqldb, the python library to interact with
> mysql database.
>
> I'm trying to run the "python manage.py sql hello" command where polls is
> the name of my application.
>
> I'm getting this error:
> _mysql_exceptions.OperationalError: (1049, "Unknown database
> 'c:\\wamp\\www\\helloworld5\\hello\\mysql.db'")
>

> Here is the setting.py:
>
> DATABASES = {
>     'default': {
>         'ENGINE': 'django.db.backends.mysql', # Add 'postgresql_psycopg2',
> 'postgresql', 'mysql', 'sqlite3' or 'oracle'.
>         'NAME': 'mysql.db',                      # Or path to database file
> if using sqlite3.
>         'USER': 'root',                      # Not used with sqlite3.
>         'PASSWORD': '',                  # Not used with sqlite3.
>         'HOST': '127.0.0.1',                      # Set to empty string for
> localhost. Not used with sqlite3.
>         'PORT': '3306',                      # Set to empty string for
> default. Not used with sqlite3.
>
>     }
> }
>

> Thank you for your time and kind concern.
> Jenia

Raúl Cumplido