[Tutor] wxPython parent classes

Eric Stevens element.effect at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 20:59:24 CEST 2011

I've been noticing that in all the example codes I have seen, when someone
creates container, x,  inside of a frame or other container class, y, they
always seem to create an instance of wx.Panel first and then use that
instance as the parent class of container x. I have been just placing 'self'
in there, however, letting the class I am creating (whether it be a wx.Frame
subclass, wx.ScrolledWindow subclass, etc) be the parent class of any other
wx.Window class I instantiate inside that class. Is one way better than the
other, and if so, why? Thanks.