[Tutor] HELP

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Sat Apr 2 19:55:23 CEST 2011

"ISAAC Ramírez Solano" <danielramso_12 at hotmail.com> wrote

> Hi... My name is Isaac, I need some help to program in python,
> I know some things that are really basic like lists and recursivity

I'm not sure what you mean by recursivity, but I'm betting its
not what I mean by that term! :-)

> with that we should create an GPS with a global variable,

I'm also not sure what you mean by GPS - to me that
means Global Positioning Satellite but I suspect you mean
something different?

> what I'm trying to do is to make a function that could call
> the global variable can I do something like that...

Yes and any Python tutorial will explain how.

You can try the Modules and Functions topic in my
tutorial if you are not already reading another one.
[ If your first language is Spanish or Portuguese you
may prefer the translations in those languages better.
(But they are only available for Python v2) ]

> def  function(Word): Word = Word Word= [Word] print (Word)

Thats not legal python, it may just be a formatting error. Lets assume
so, it would then look like:

def  function(Word):
     Word = Word
     Word= [Word]
     print (Word)

That creates a list containing the parameter passed in and
then prints it. It then throws it away.

> if I execute that in the shell later I'm not able to call
>>> Word because it returns me an error!!!

That would depend on whether you created Word before you
called the function. I suspect you are confused about
Python variables, Python scope, and Python functions.

Read about those topics and then come back with any
further questions.

HTH,

--
Alan Gauld