[Tutor] Plotting a Linear Equation

kb1pkl at aim.com kb1pkl at aim.com
Fri Sep 24 18:26:31 CEST 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: Greg <gregbair at gmail.com>
To: tutor <tutor at python.org>
Sent: Fri, Sep 24, 2010 3:29 am
Subject: Re: [Tutor] Plotting a Linear Equation

On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 10:51 PM, Corey Richardson <kb1pkl at aim.com>
wrote:

 Hello tutors. Probably the wrong mailing list, but someone might know.
I want to use matplotlib (or similar) to plot an equation in
slope-intercept (y=mx+b) or standard form (Ax + By = C). As far as I've
read and tested, you can only plot with a series of points. I could
make two points out of those manually, but I was wondering if anyone
knew of an easier way. Thanks.

You could just have your program compute the x- and y- intercepts, then
plug them into matplotlib.  Am I correct in that?

--
Greg Bair
gregbair at gmail.com