[Tutor] Regex comments

Michael Powe michael at trollope.org
Thu Sep 16 12:32:37 CEST 2010

 Hello,

The re module includes the option to comment a regular expression with
the syntax (?#comment).  e.g.

p=r'(.*) (?P<grp>WT.dl)(?#parameter)=(?P<val>[^&]+)(?#value).*'

Is there a mechanism for extracting these values from the match, in
the way that group names are extracted?

I don't see one.

The point would be that in my processing of the match, I could
implement the comments as identifiers for the matched value.

Thanks.

mp

--
Michael Powe		michael at trollope.org		Naugatuck CT USA
"The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts