[Tutor] How to get both 2.6 scripts as well as 3.1 scripts to run at command line?

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Thu Sep 16 09:54:43 CEST 2010

"Richard D. Moores" <rdmoores at gmail.com> wrote

> Some of the scripts written for 2.6 use libraries not yet available
> for 3.x.
> So I want to know not how to modify them, but how to run them at the
> command
> line.

Install 2.x.
This is why we keep recommending that beginners stick with 2.x.
Its why the 2.x line has not died out and still gets new releases.

Eventually the library owners will port their code but until then
you need to use the version of python they are written for.
You cannot mix them reliably.

--
Alan Gauld
Author of the Learn to Program web site