[Tutor] How to print the installed web browser

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Wed Sep 1 20:24:16 CEST 2010

"Nick Raptis" <airscorp at otenet.gr> wrote

> Ooops! Sorry if I caused any confusion, I thought the goal was to
> print the default browser, not all of the installed ones. Silly me.
> Still, the "Preferred applications" tool seems to know that info (so
> to give you a choice) so it might be something to dig into.

The problem remains that the config tool will only know about
those browsers that have been "politely" installeed. If someone just
built the source in a local folder then its unlikely to be rgisterd,
but its still a valid browser, and may even be that users default.

You can only ever get an approximation and its a dangerous
assumption to think you can get more than that. But depending
on the reason for asking it may be good enough.

HTH,

Alan G.