[Tutor] 'module' object has no attribute (setting a class attribute)

Tim Johnson tim at johnsons-web.com
Fri Oct 15 23:20:37 CEST 2010

My intention is to set a class attribute so that any number of
instantiations will have this value.

the module is tmpl.py. the class is tmpl.

if from the script I do this:
import tmpl
tmpl.tmpl.templatepath = kbLib.templatepath

I get error message:
'module' object has no attribute 'templatepath'

I ended up getting completely befuddled, and then realized that the
problem was the right side of the assignment statement. I.E.  I had
a typo on the right and python was not informing me of *which*
module didn't have the attribute

I have two questions regarding this:
1)Am I using the correct method to set a class attribute?
2)Is there a system configuration that would cause the
AttributeError exception to print out the module name.
(In this cause it was 'kbLib' not 'tmpl'.

thanks
--
Tim
tim at johnsons-web.com or akwebsoft.com