[Tutor] Matching relational data

David Hutto smokefloat at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 05:00:33 CEST 2010

On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 6:31 PM, Steven D'Aprano <steve at pearwood.info> wrote:
> On Mon, 4 Oct 2010 10:52:02 am Alan Gauld wrote:
>
>> One of the best programming stats tools is R
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R_%28programming_language%29
>>
>> There is a python bionding for R too.
>>
>> Although R may be overkill for what you want, but at least
>> you'll know the theory and math are correct!
>
> Or you could use numpy and scipy, which are rapidly becoming the choice
> for numeric and scientific applications over R.
>

> --
> Steven D'Aprano

 I'm amazed that you didn't catch the fact that it doesn't report that
above fifty is a type of correlation and below is a match of
correlation as well.
Divergence is a pattern as well. Golly why didn't you pick up on that
buddy, pal?

Although I like the improved you gave, would you agree that
readability would be better inclined to additions due to readability
at  an elementary level of python, but something a statistician could
add on too, with limited python experience, but still contribute to
the code?

Seriously OT though, I ask in the same respect that i want the 'purer'
aspect to review, but deny it in the aspect that it does hinder the
open source mentality(from what I can see):

but here's a more refined correlation pattern to review, in the
thought process tha I can make million dollar oftware in the privacy
of my home, and more importantly by 'myself'(with a little help from
my friends)

50 % < begins to match mergence
50% >  begins to match divergence

0 = matches perfect divergence