[Tutor] Matching relational data

David Hutto smokefloat at gmail.com
Sun Oct 3 23:33:07 CEST 2010

I'm creating an app that charts/graphs data. The mapping of the graphs
is the 'easy' part with matplotlib,
and wx. My question relates to the alignment of the data to be processed.

Let's say I have three sets of 24 hr graphs with the same time steps:

-the position of the sun
-the temp.
-local powerplant energy consumption

A human could perceive the relations that when it's wintertime, cold
and the sun goes down, heaters are turned on
and energy consumption goes up, and the opposite in summer when it the
sun comes up.

My problem is how to compare and make the program perceive the
relation. So, I think what I'm asking is if there is anything similar
to this
in use that anyone knows of, or if anyone has encountered a similar
problem, and what approach they may have taken?

TIA,
David