[Tutor] Grabbing Information from txt files

Michael m_stover43812us at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 13 04:33:59 CET 2010

>Random thoughts:
>
>1.) Maybe you should be looking at something like Fuppes instead:
>http://fuppes.ulrich-voelkel.de/ ?
>2.) Even so, continuing with your current direction: there appears to
>be  a
>module/wrapper of MediaInfo for Python, thus removing the need to >scrape
>information from MediaInfo's output, which is what I presume you're >trying
>to do above.  Might be useful.  See here:
>http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=96516&page=11
>
>Walter

I didn't get Fruppes in any of my original searches, I will give that a
try, and I have tried the module/wrapper for MediaInfo but have to wait
for a bug fix as it does not work correctly with 64bit Linux. At least
not with Python 2.6, and I am reluctant to upgrade to Python 3 due to
compatibility issues.