[Tutor] Server

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Tue Nov 9 02:20:43 CET 2010

"Chris King" <g.nius.ck at gmail.com> wrote

>> I think Corey means the firewall on your PC if you have one. It
>> could
>> be blocking outgoing traffic to uncommon port numbers or somesuch.

> The firewall pops up and I click allow. It has nothing to do with
> the
> firewall at all. Did you find any other errors at all?

OK, despite the fact that the firewall is evidently being triggered
lets assume that it is not the firewall to blame, do you gt any
other signs of life? Any error messages? Any responses at all?

So far you haven't given us a whole lot of information to go on...
no code, no OS, no network settings. It's hard to be specific.

If the code works on localhost it is unlikely to be the code at fault.
More likely to be a network issue, either a wrong IP address,
port address or, sorry, a firewall setting.

--
Alan Gauld
Author of the Learn to Program web site