[Tutor] First steps for C++/Qt developers

M. Bashir Al-Noimi mbnoimi at gmx.com
Fri May 14 16:11:25 CEST 2010

Thanks Steve,

On 14/05/2010 11:22 ص, steve wrote:
> Hello Bashir,
>
> On 05/13/2010 08:48 AM, M. Bashir Al-Noimi wrote:
>> Thanks Alan,
>> [...snip...]
>> Oh my god, I finished the basics of python within one day (continues 10
>> hours)!!!
>> What's amazing language :-*
>>

> Yes, everyone here feels the same way :). Anyways, now that you have a
> hang of python and you already know Qt, I would recommend playing
> around with PyQT just to get a feel of the language using API that you
> already know.
>
> http://www.riverbankcomputing.co.uk/
> http://www.commandprompt.com/community/pyqt/
Actually I wrote first PyQt application yesterday by using eric IDE,
although it has stupid autocompleting and bad GUI but I could create
Hello World app within 5 minutes, that's it.

My adventure in python going smoothly and community of python has truly
open minds.

> If you want to directly head on to learning Web Programming though, I
> suggest you start with:
> http://www.djangobook.com/en/2.0/
>
> Although, I personally am a bit biased towards:
> http://www.cherrypy.org/
>
> ...which is a lean, no-frills web application framework.
In simple words could you give me what's distinguished differences
between cherrypy and django (I didn't stat with django cuz I'm still
python principles)?

--
Best Regards
Muhammad Bashir Al-Noimi