[Tutor] raw_input a directory path

Luke Paireepinart rabidpoobear at gmail.com
Wed May 12 22:33:50 CEST 2010

On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 2:44 PM, Spencer Parker <inthefridge at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a search and replace script that I am having the user put in the
> directory path as raw_input.  The problem lies when I run the script it
> doesn't pick that up for some reason.  Is there an appropriate way to take a
> directory path as input? This is on windows...

Well I could speculate about all the different problems this could be caused by,
or you could provide more detail.
Let's go with that.

How do you know the script doesn't input the data correctly?
and why do you think it doesn't?
Where is the code that performs this?
How are you running the script?

Directory path should be no different than any other string.
I'm guessing it has to do with backslashes but I'll wait until you explicate.
-Luke