[Tutor] help

Christian Witts cwitts at compuscan.co.za
Tue Mar 30 12:15:54 CEST 2010

Oshan Modi wrote:
> i am only a novice and just started programming.. i am having trouble
> running a .py file in the command prompt.. if anyone of you could help?

If you are using Windows and just installed Python and then tried to
execute your script with "python script_name.py" and it tells you it
cannot find the program to execute then it is likely your environment
settings as the Python installer never seems to set up your path properly.

Go to My Computer -> Advanced Settings -> Environment Settings ->
Double-Click on path -> Add your python path eg. c:\python26 at the end
-> Restart and it should work.

--
Kind Regards,
Christian Witts