[Tutor] Any Tutor there ? Removing redundant parameters in a models file having include files.

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Tue Mar 2 09:47:52 CET 2010

On Tue, 2 Mar 2010 11:25:44 am Andreas Kostyrka wrote:
> Furthermore I do not think that most of the "core" community has a
> problem with the alternate implementations, as they provide very
> useful functions (it helps on the architecture side, because it
> limits somewhat what can be done, it helps on the personal side,
> because it increases the value of Python skills, ...), ...

The Python development team values alternative implementations, as it
gives Python the language a much wider user base.

It also allows other people to shoulder some of the development burden.
For example, people who want Python without the limitations of the C
call stack can use Stackless Python, instead of ordinary CPython.
Google is sponsoring a highly optimized version of Python with a JIT
compiler: Unladen Swallow. It looks likely that Unladen Swallow will
end up being merged with CPython too, which will be a great benefit.

--
Steven D'Aprano