[Tutor] Any Tutor there ? Removing redundant parameters in a models file having include files.

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Mon Mar 1 22:25:46 CET 2010

On Tue, 2 Mar 2010 07:07:57 am Karim Liateni wrote:
> Thanks for this precision!
> I'm using standard python so this is ok!
> Why people use proprietary python ?
> To have more trouble ? To be different from the rest of community ?

Python is a language, but there can be many different implementations of
that language, just like there are different C compilers or different
Javascript engines.

CPython is the version which was made first, it is the most common
version, but it is not the only one. It is called CPython because it is
written in C.

Jython is a version of Python written in Java, and it was created by
people wanting to use Python as a front-end to Java libraries, and to
take advantage of Java's garbage collector.

IronPython is Microsoft's version of Python written for .Net and Mono.

PyPy is an experimental version of Python written in Python, used by
people wanting to experiment with Python compilers.

"Python for S60" is a version of Python written for Nokia's S60 devices.

CapPython is an experimental version of Python designed for security.

There are many others, they are all Python, but they have differences.

--
Steven D'Aprano