[Tutor] Fwd: HELP!

Lang Hurst lang at tharin.com
Tue Jun 29 00:06:56 CEST 2010

On 06/28/2010 01:36 PM, Chris wrote:
> My friend jacob had a question. I can't really answer it, but you guys
> can. Send you replies to him not me. Oh, and jacob, I'm forwarding you
> message to the Python Mailing list.
>
> <snip>
>
> Chris,
> I tried the py2exe thing again, but things are getting confusing... It
> tells me to enter this line to run a setup that will make it a .exe.
> "C: \Tutorial>python setup.py install"
> Now, the REALLY BIG problem with this line is that the, I guess you
> could say action, of install always comes back with an invalid token
> error. This is straight from the website.
> Now, that was in different programs and on the command line. If you
> write it in the setup.py, it comes back with a syntax error after the
> install... Please help

For what it's worth, py2exe never really worked for me the one time I
was trying to bundle up a program.  I ended up using pyinstaller (
http://www.pyinstaller.org/ ) and it worked pretty much without a
hitch.  Good luck, and next time don't be scared to ask yourself.  I
don't think this is a python problem, so I doubt this list is the
correct place...

-Lang

> Jake

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.