[Tutor] Fwd: HELP!

Walter Prins wprins at gmail.com
Mon Jun 28 23:17:39 CEST 2010

On 28 June 2010 21:36, Chris <g.nius.ck at gmail.com> wrote:

>  My friend jacob had a question. I can't really answer it, but you guys
> can. Send you replies to him not me. Oh, and jacob, I'm forwarding you
> message to the Python Mailing list.
>
> Hi Chris/Jacob,

I'm not sure if it's just me, but I'd have been slightly more interested in
helping and have found it a bit more polite if your friend came to this list
direct with his problem, rather than you basically appearing to be palming
off a support request for something that you started onto strangers on the
Python language tutoring list.  (This isn't exactly a python language
problem either.)

That said: Jacob can you please post *exactly* what you enter, and what
output you get?  (Copy and paste please, don't paraphrase/second guess what
we might want to know.) Suffice it to say that you're likely somehow
entering the command incorrectly.  (I can only speculate at this point that
you're incorrectly including part of the command prompt in your command,
and/or possibly inserting spaces (or omitting them) where needed. )

Regards

Walter