[Tutor] need computer advice from wise Tutors

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Sat Jun 26 10:30:27 CEST 2010

"Richard D. Moores" <rdmoores at gmail.com> wrote

> Sorry about the OT, but I'm really nervous about the possibility of
> screwing up my laptop by upgrading the OS from Vista to 7, and can't
> think of a better place than Tutors to ask for advice.

Going from Vista to Windows 7 is a relatively painless
process - unlike going from XP to 7. (Microsoft have scored a
huge own goal with missing out this upgrade path IMHO!)

And 7 is a vast improvement over Vista, which is appallingly
bad, again IMHO!

However, to quote the old adage - "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".
So what is the problem that you think the upgrade will fix?

Alan G.
Still on XP because nothing is broke...