[Tutor] 2to3 conversion

Vern Ceder vceder at canterburyschool.org
Thu Jun 10 01:54:28 CEST 2010

Zubin Mithra wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
> I was running 2to3 on a particular file and I got the following
> traceback(http://paste.pocoo.org/show/223468/).
>
> The file which I was attempting to convert can be viewed
> here(http://paste.pocoo.org/show/223469/).
>
> Any pointers on what needs to be done?

The traceback indicates that the utf-8 codec doesn't know how to decode
the values at bytes 232-234, yet when I saved the file just  now, 2to3
ran without giving that error. In fact it only flagged the exception
handling as needing mofications.

I wonder if the version served by the pastebin is *exactly* the same as
the one you are using on your machine?

Cheers,
Vern

> Thanks in advance,