[Tutor] problem with subprocess

Mac Ryan quasipedia at gmail.com
Sat Jul 31 13:22:40 CEST 2010

On Fri, 2010-07-30 at 14:36 +0200, Bala subramanian wrote:
> I have to do a series of job in a remote machine. I put each job in a
> text file called 'job' as and wrote the following code that can read
> each line in the text file and execute the job.

If that works for you, no need to change it, of course.

Just wondered - however - if you are aware that there is a python
library that just do that (remote machine management). It's called
"fabric":

>From the official docs: "Fabric is a Python library and command-line
tool for streamlining the use of SSH for application deployment or
systems administration tasks.

It provides a basic suite of operations for executing local or remote
shell commands (normally or via sudo) and uploading/downloading files,
as well as auxiliary functionality such as prompting the running user
for input, or aborting execution.

Typical use involves creating a Python module containing one or more
functions, then executing them via the fab command-line tool."

http://docs.fabfile.org/0.9.1/