[Tutor] Python Book recomandation!

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Fri Jul 16 08:30:47 CEST 2010

"Daniel" <asmosis.asterix at gmail.com> wrote

> Python website, but I have a question regarding it. With what book I
> should
> start learning Python? Or should I take them in the order they are
> presented
> there on the website?I have no previous programming experience,
> thanks.

Don't try to read them all!

They all present much the same information just in different styles.
Some major on getting you writing code quickly, some present a more
theoretical
basis first. Some use a common theme or project others use lots of
different a
shorter projects. There is no right or best approach, pick the one
that sems to
work best for you.

Much will depend on what you want to do with your new skills and what
your
previous experience is. If you can already program in another language
the
official tutor is probably the best starting place, but if you don't
already
programme much of it will be meaningless.

The one that is best for you can only be decided by you!

HTH,

--
Alan Gauld
Author of the Learn to Program web site