[Tutor] Python Documentation Clarification

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Mon Jul 12 20:46:45 CEST 2010

"Huy Ton That" <huyslogic at gmail.com> wrote

> Just not grokking it correctly and I can't seem to track down where
> the
> documentation formatting is defined within the python.org
> documentation...

It is confusing I agree, but the style goes back to the dawn of
computing - certainly further back than me! I remember seeing
CP/M commands documented in that same style back in the very
early 1980's and MS-DOS was done that way too.
(In fact if you use DOS Help it still is... try typing HELP DIR...)

Alan G.