[Tutor] newbie to gui programming

Payal payal-python at scriptkitchen.com
Thu Jul 8 13:15:29 CEST 2010

On Tue, Jul 06, 2010 at 07:48:53PM +0100, Alan Gauld wrote:
> Nowadays they are all acceptable looking but wxPython would
> be my recommendation, mainly for its support for printing, which
> sounds easy but in Guis is surprisingly difficult. wxPython makes
> it about as easy as it can be.

Thanks a lot for the mails all of you.
Someone commented that wxpython occassionally shows it C/C++ roots. Will
that haunt me cos' I have zero knowledge of C/C++.

What about py-gtk? Is it more pythonic to learn and hence easy?
Or can I start with tkinter (and maybe remain with it), if it is easy to
learn? (I liked fetchmailconf and I think it was done in tkinter).

I get discouraged a bit fast, so I want the first toolset to be as easy
as possible.

With warm regards,
-Payal