[Tutor] (no subject)

Richard D. Moores rdmoores at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 05:57:53 CEST 2010

On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 12:33, Alan Gauld <alan.gauld at btinternet.com> wrote:

> "Aaron Chambers" <a.pringles.can at gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:AANLkTinH0PTFxhSbQrwiUjML8NMuzCDcpQxScIRhct35 at mail.gmail.com...
>>
>> I'm new to Python, and wanted to start messing around with it, but the
>> computer I'm using is running Windows 7, so is there a version of Python
>> that's compatible with 7?
>
> Yes, and I would recommend you get yours from the Activestate.com
> web site rather than python.org since the Activestate version is much
> more Windows friendly.

Alan, I'm interested. Could you tell us more about how it's more
Windows friendly?

BTW I just tried to install ActivePython 3.1.2.3 (Win 64-bit x64), and
waited more than 10 minutes while the installation program checked on
space on my laptop. I used Task Manager to stop it. Will try again
later.

Dick