[Tutor] Fwd: length of a string? Advice saught

Luke Paireepinart rabidpoobear at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 01:02:00 CET 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Luke Paireepinart <rabidpoobear at gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 18:01:35 -0600
Subject: Re: [Tutor] length of a string? Advice saught
To: Kirk Z Bailey <kbailey at howlermonkey.net>

Are you using the post or the get method to submit the form? That's
likely your problem. Strings in Python are only limited by your memory
and your program will crash with a memoryerror exception if that's the
problem you're running into (doubtful for user-entered txt unless your
server only has 1k of ram or something.)

On 1/27/10, Kirk Z Bailey <kbailey at howlermonkey.net> wrote:
> I wrote a program to let me edit web-pages without bothering with
> ftp; it loads up a simple form with the page guts in it, and
> saves it through another script. Until yesterday, EditMyPage
> worked fine. Alas, I had a rather long winded page and it
> truncated it- completely omitted the last 1/4 of the original
> file, creating big problems. Looking everything over, I can only
> conclude that somehow python 2.23 (ok, it's an old server; shoot
> me, I'm poor) has a limit on a simple string variable. Can I
> declare the variable as a long winded version and save the
> trouble, or do AI need a witchdoctor here?
>
> --
> end
>
> Very Truly yours,
>                   - Kirk Bailey,