[Tutor] length of a string? Advice saught

Kirk Z Bailey kbailey at howlermonkey.net
Wed Jan 27 23:25:54 CET 2010

I wrote a program to let me edit web-pages without bothering with
ftp; it loads up a simple form with the page guts in it, and
saves it through another script. Until yesterday, EditMyPage
worked fine. Alas, I had a rather long winded page and it
truncated it- completely omitted the last 1/4 of the original
file, creating big problems. Looking everything over, I can only
conclude that somehow python 2.23 (ok, it's an old server; shoot
me, I'm poor) has a limit on a simple string variable. Can I
declare the variable as a long winded version and save the
trouble, or do AI need a witchdoctor here?

--
end

Very Truly yours,
                  - Kirk Bailey,