[Tutor] smtp project

Kent Johnson kent37 at tds.net
Mon Jan 18 13:31:23 CET 2010

On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 9:57 PM, Kirk Z Bailey <kbailey at howlermonkey.net> wrote:

> There is no smtp server available, these are the cards I am delt; can you
> advise on how to play them?

A couple of possibilities:
- I'm no expert on SMTP but don't the MTAs talk SMTP to each other on
port 25? Could you use smtplib to talk to the remote MTA on port 25?

- The std lib contains a simple SMTP server in smtpd.py

- Lamson is a more robust SMTP server
http://lamsonproject.org/

- Twisted has SMTP support
http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/wiki/TwistedMail