[Tutor] Verifying My Troublesome Linkage Claim between Python and Win7

Dave Angel davea at ieee.org
Sun Feb 28 12:46:58 CET 2010

Wayne Watson wrote:
> <snip>
>> You tell us to "try this" and give a folder structure:
>>
>> Folder1
>>      track1.py
>>      data1.txt
>>      data2.txt
>>      data3.txt
>> Folder2
>>      track1.py
>>      dset1.txt
>>      dset2.txt
>>      dset8.txt
>> <snip>

Maybe one simple test at a time will get better responses.  Since you
wouldn't tell me what tabs you saw in Explorer when you did properties,
maybe you'll tell me what you see in CMD.

Go to a cmd prompt (DOS prompt), change to the Folder2 directory, and
type dir.   paste that result, all of it, into a message.  I suspect
you'll see that you don't have track1.py there at all, but track1.py.lnk

If so, that's a shortcut.  The only relevant change in Win7 that I know
of is that Explorer shows shortcuts as "link" rather than "shortcut."