[Tutor] What Editori?

Steve Willoughby steve at alchemy.com
Tue Feb 23 17:35:55 CET 2010

On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 05:24:13PM +0100, Giorgio wrote:
> what text-editor do you use for python?

While the can of worms that particular question tends to
open is always an issue (for some reason people get very
emotionally passionate about why their editor is the best)
I'm not sure you're going to get much of a useful answer
beyond a few suggestions to try, since this is such a
personal choice and depends so much on how you want to
work.

Personally, I find vim (on all platforms) to work well
for me.  I'm giving Eclipse+pydev a try to see how I like
that.

> Do you think it's a good editor? Do you know other names?

Whether any particular editor is "good" as long as it does
the minimum amount necessary for programming, is entirely
subjective.  Try a few and see how they work for you.

Actually, I suppose even ed and TECO qualify for some work
models ;)

--
Steve Willoughby    |  Using billion-dollar satellites
steve at alchemy.com   |  to hunt for Tupperware.