[Tutor] Python and algorithms

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Thu Feb 18 19:09:08 CET 2010

"C.T. Matsumoto" <c.t.matsumoto at gmail.com> wrote

> Can someone point me to any resources that can teach me about algorithms
> in python?

algorithm books tend to be fairly language neutral.

Search for books by Donald Knuth, his books tend to be considered
the canonical references on algorithms in computing.

> I'm interested in learning how to analyze and make an algorithm.
>
> Oh, I have no background in math, but a sturdy knowledge of python

In this instance a knowledge of math trumps knowledge of Python
unfortunately.
Translating math into Python is relatively easy but you probably need the
math to develop efficient algorithms.

HTH,

--
Alan Gauld