[Tutor] How to delete the last line from a file efficiently?

Rohit Kumar krohit at mail.zeomega.com
Thu Feb 18 11:05:36 CET 2010

Here is the efficient code than your code:
==============CODE======================
lines = file('file1.txt', 'r').readlines()
print lines
del lines[-1]
print lines
file('file1.txt', 'w').writelines(lines)

Please let me know if any issues.
Regards,
Rohit Kumar
==============
Software Developer - Trainee
ZeOmega Infotech Private Limited
RLP Building, Bangalore - 560047
Phone: 080-41666070 Ext: 126
krohit at zeomega.com
www.zeomega.com
Proven. Progressive. Partner.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:

This message (including any attachments) may contain ZeOmega's
confidential information, protected by law. Forwarding it to
individuals, other than those with a need to know, without the
permission of the sender, is prohibited. This message is intended for
specific individual(s) or entity to whom it is intended even if
addressed incorrectly. If you are not the intended recipient, you
should delete this message and are hereby notified that any
disclosure,copying, or distribution of this message or taking any
action based upon it, is strictly prohibited.