[Tutor] Tutor list as pair progamming plush toy

Serdar Tumgoren zstumgoren at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 17:05:30 CET 2010

In similar vein, I find that a concept suddenly makes more sense to me when
I try to explain it to someone else (or I realize that I don't fully
understand and need to do some more research).

But with regard to the plush toy you mention, I just ran into that anecdote
in Coders at Work. Can't recall off the top of my head which developer
mentioned it, but it's an interesting concept. Btw, I'd recommend that book
to anyone interested in expanding their horizons on coding philosophies and
methodologies. Some of it's pretty high-brow comp sci discussion, but
there's a lot about basic testing and debugging approaches, and how one
should go about reading someone else's code. I'm only half-way through the
book, but the variety of responses and approaches is fascinating.

Serdar