[Tutor] packing up python code to transfer to another machine

dwbarne at earthlink.net dwbarne at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 11 01:48:31 CET 2010

I have become a true Pythonaholic. My newest problem is....

I have a rather large Python code (1.5yrs + developing!) currently running on Windows machines that imports several modules, some from external libraries. It allows the user to easily access MySQL databases and plot selected columns and such.

I would like to bundle my (code + libraries + modules) and transfer all to a *nix environment, rather than just transferring my code over and then having to download and install all the relevant libraries again.

Is this possible? I would think so with Python but am not sure.

Is there a Python package that does this? If so, what?

Thanks in advance.