[Tutor] Trying to parse a HUGE(1gb) xml file in python

David Hutto smokefloat at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 10:12:55 CET 2010

.

If it is:

XML stands for eXtensible Markup Language.

XML is designed to transport and store data.

Then what other file medium would you suggest as the tagging means.

You have a file with tags, you can't parse and store the data in any
file anymore than the next, right?

So the tags and how they are marked by any module or file extension
searcher shouldn't matter, right?

>> http://gnosis.cx/publish/programming/xml_matters_29.html
>
> Fredrik Lundh's cElementTree page has a benchmark for that, too. It's
> actually slower than cElementTree for the case he tested (which was
> basically "parsing" :)
>
> http://effbot.org/zone/celementtree.htm#benchmarks
>
> Stefan

They're installing the breathalyzer on my email account next week.