[Tutor] vim as a python editor; FOLLOW-UP QUESTION

Wayne Werner waynejwerner at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 23:27:22 CET 2010

On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 12:58 PM, Joel Schwartz <joel at joelschwartz.com>wrote:

> <snip>

whether it makes sense (or is even possible) to use vim in
> Windows (I use Windows XP-SP3).
> <snip>

Alternatively, is there another basic Python GUI
> that has the up-arrow command history feature and is also good for Python
> coding in general?

On Windows and Linux both I use vim and IPython. They make a rather powerful
combination. Then again so do a lot of other configurations, so whatever you
feel comfortable with.

The vim keybindings are extremely powerful, though, and regardless of what
editor you choose, I recommend picking one that has good keybindings either
natively or through a plugin.

HTH,
Wayne