[Tutor] gui coding

Rance Hall ranceh at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 18:51:46 CET 2010

When I learned FORTRAN years ago they didn't teach us OOP or what I
like to call Class based programming.

since then I've sort of always fallen back to be a procedural
programmer with lots of functions.

Python and the tkinter (Tkinter on Versions < 3) seem like a great way
to write cross platform GUI apps for small light duty apps.

I'm intrigued and want to learn but all the samples seem to be OOP or
class based.

I've tried to wrap my head around class based programming before and
it didn't take.  But it appears I'm going to have to try again as I
can not find any tkinter samples that use a procedural approach.  I'm
finding it very difficult to understand what I need to get from
tkinter because the classes are getting in the way and I'm not seeing
what I need to see.

Is there something about class based programming that GUI apps prefer
to work better in?

Does anyone have or know of a good tutorial or explanation of class
based coding that I could have a run at?

Thanks
Rance